The Multicultural Network Inc. (TMN) is governed by a Management Committee elected annually from its membership which broadly reflects the diversity of the community. The Management Committee sets the strategic direction of the organisation and employs staff to execute its decisions.
With a wide skill set, the Management Committee have a shared vision to carve out a unique positioning for the Multicultural Network via their objectives to:
- Provide support and resources to projects/services and networks in South West Sydney ensuring access and equity and social justice principles are met
- Identify needs and issues for our diverse communities in South West Sydney and facilitate the implementation of strategies to address these
- Empower diverse communities to voice their needs and concerns and work towards their full participation on issues affecting their lives
- Advocate within the South West Sydney area and with stakeholders on the needs and issues of diverse communities including people from non-English speaking backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people with disabilities, the frail and aged, and carers
- Monitor key local, state and federal government policies and their effectiveness in addressing the needs of the diverse communities in South West Sydney to access, equity and social justice
- Continuously develop and strengthen TMN as an organisation
A collective sense of purpose and direction define The Multicultural Network’s goals. The Management Committee leads the organisation with a collective spirit and conviction, creating a uniform, united and strong leadership dedicated to empowering and strengthening the multicultural communities of South West Sydney.