SWS Aboriginal Sector Support & Development Officer (ADO)
The SWS Aboriginal Sector Support & Development Project (ADO) works to support Aboriginal frail aged and people with a disability and their carers to remain independent in the community. This is achieved by supporting CHSP, HCP and CCSP services, advocating on behalf of service providers and consumer groups and providing information and resources.
This Project is funded by the Department of Health & NSW Department of Families and Community Services, Ageing, Disability and Home Care.
ADO has been active in:
- Supporting groups of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal services to form partnerships and consolidate activities in order to achieve greater efficiency and/or high quality services
- Working in partnership with services including ADHC and DoH, ACS and Aboriginal organisations that provide care services to assist and enhance cultural safe services
- Forming partnerships and facilitating collaboration with other Aboriginal community workers in HACC and other related sectors to inform Aboriginal communities
- Providing support regarding appropriate service development to Aboriginal and mainstream HACC services
- Supporting and resourcing local networks and agencies regarding the provision of culturally appropriate services
- Facilitating Aboriginal funded and related community care agencies’ access to information, resources and relevant training
- Individual and tailored support to organisations to promote and improve Aboriginal communities’ access to HACC services