South West Sydney Sector Support & Development Project (SWS SSDO)
The South West Sydney Sector Support & Development Officer (SWS SSDO) contributes towards the implementation of best practice in the aged and disability sector by sharing resources, research, findings and new developments with services to inform their strategies.
The SWS SSDO also resources and manages the South West Sydney Ageing and Disability Support Services website: www.supportservices.org.au
This project is funded by the Department of Health.
The SSDO project has been active in:
- Supporting aged services in navigating changes and reforms including the recent Commonwealth Home Support Program
- Supporting the community by providing information, resources and updates on reforms to the sector.
- Collecting the views of services on changes to aged care programs and their impact on organisations and service users
- Chairing and facilitating regional forums on aged issues
- Updating and distributing resources and information to ensure the sector is prepared for changes to service models
- Representing the views of aged care services in South Western Sydney through consultations and focus groups on recent changes to age services