The Multicultural Network Services include the provision of information and resources, advocacy programs, and the running of training and events. Highlights include:
- Information and referrals to settlement, housing, welfare, legal and community services for migrants and refugees.
- Free 6-month English classes starting in March. Free childcare.
- The use of a large seminar room (seats up to 30) with childcare room and kitchen at affordable rates
- Access to The Multicultural Network’s projects, publications and equipment
- Multilingual resources and information on how to obtain government, community services. E.g. income support, TAFE, housing, healthcare, childcare etc.
- Information, advocacy and referrals for CALD communities on accessing culturally appropriate HACC services
- Workshops and informational seminars for migrants, older people, people with disabilities and carers
- Provide training and information to service providers on issues for people of non-English speaking backgrounds
- Sector development workshops for HACC service providers on strategies to improve services to CALD and ATSI people, Implementing HACC reforms, enablement models and person-centered approach
Click here for more information on The Multicultural Network’s projects.